Sunday, July 1, 2012

Cook Around the Globe - June 2012 Roundup


  

Welcome to the roundup of my exploration of the cuisines of Slovenia, Croatia, Serbia, Kosovo, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, Macedonia, and Albania. As always, I have greatly enjoyed this month's cuisines, I discovered several recipes that will make it on our menu again, and there are several more dishes that I didn't have the time to try (they are on my list for next time). My favorite dish were the Raznjici (Serbian Meat Skewers). Runners-up were Albanian-Style Eggplant and Macedonian Poached Eggs in Spinach with Yogurt. (Most of the recipes are not online - yet. If you are interested in a particular recipe, please let me know and I will type it up.)

If you have a recipe from any of the above mentioned countries that you would like me to include here, just send me a picture, title, and url, as well as your name and the name of your blog.)


Slovenia
Paradajz Salata (Tomato Salad)


Croatia
Feta and Bell Pepper Stuffed Meat Patties
Dalmatia: Riza Sa Graśkom (Peas and Rice)
Potato Bake
Dalamatia: Riźa Sa Sirom (Rice with Cheese)
Adriatic Tuna with Tomato Sauce


Serbia
Voivodina: Svinjski Paprikaś Sa Kiselim Kupusom
 I Pavlakom
 (Pork Stew with Sauerkraut and Cream)
Raznjici (Meat Skewers)
Srpska Salata (Serbian Salad)


Kosovo
Śećer Lokumi (Walnut Cookies - "Sugar Sweets")


Bosnia and Herzegovina
Eggplant-Vegetable Stew, Bosnian Style
Šiš-Ćevap (Meat on Skewers)


Montenegro
Viśnjak (Cherry Cake)
Povrtnica (Radish Salad)
Paštrovski Makaruli (Buckwheat Macaroni)


Macedonia
Macedonian Rice-Lamb Musaka
Cucumber Yogurt Appetizer (or Soup)
Poached Eggs in Spinach with Yogurt


Albania
Albanian-Style Eggplant
Buke Mevaj Me Kripe (Bread Soup)

No comments:

Post a Comment