Thursday, May 3, 2012

Cook Around the Globe - April 2012 Roundup


Welcome to the roundup of my exploration of the cuisines of Colombia, Venezuela, Suriname, Guyana, and French Guiana. As you can see, I mainly focused on the first one. The reason is, of course, that Colombian food is what HubbyGrouch grew up with. I have greatly enjoyed this month's cuisines and discovered several recipes that will make it on our menu again. My favorite dish were the Empanadas (I have to pat myself on the shoulder here, because they were almost as good as my MIL's empanadas.). Runners-up were Papas Chorreadas and Aliño Criollo Seasoned Grilled Chicken with Salsa Guasacaca (Grilled Chicken with Avocado Salsa).

(I finally got the roundup together but I am still working on typing up all the recipes. So if you are interested in one that is not yet online, just check back in a few days. If you have a recipe from any of the above mentioned countries that you would like me to include here, just send me a picture, title, and url, as well as your name and the name of your blog.)

    Suriname
Bami (Stir-Fried Noodles with Shrimp and Pork)


Guyana
Massala Viesie (Curried Fish)
Colombia
Bistec Encebollado (Onioned Beef)

No comments:

Post a Comment