Sunday, April 1, 2012

Cook Around the Globe - March 2012 Roundup



Welcome to the March 2012 roundup of "Cook Around the Globe". I didn't get around to cooking as many dishes for this project as before. With family visiting and HubbyGrouch traveling, there just wasn't the time. But I did come up with some enjoyable dinners. What I found rather difficult, was to find "native" recipes. Most cookbooks and websites list recipes from Southern Africa that have a strong European (e.g. English, Dutch, Portuguese) or Asian (e.g. Indian, Malaysian) influence. Often to the point that there doesn't seem to be a single African ingredient in the whole dish. Okay, I also have to admit that the seemingly native recipes that I found often used ingredients that I wouldn't be able to find in this rather rural area. A dilemma that has happened before :-(  My favorites this month were the South African Lamb and Potato Stew and the Coconut Shrimp from Mozambique. Do you have a dish from Southern Africa (incl. South Africa, Angola, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Malawi, Mozambique, Lesotho, and Swaziland) that you would like to link up? I am looking forward to checking out your posts. I hope you enjoy this project and will be back in April (announcement will follow). Also, if you liked the project, grab a button and spread the word. You can add the blog hop to your own blog if you like. Just scroll down to the bottom of the page, click on the link, and choose the appropriate code for your type of blog.


get the InLinkz code

No comments:

Post a Comment