Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Guacamole Pizza & Fish Patty Sandwiches

A while ago, I bought some ready-to-use guacamole to have at hand should we unexpectedly crave tortilla chips. Well, we didn't eat it and I just put it in the freezer. Then I suddenly had an idea what to do with said guacamole: why not try it on pizza? I checked the internet and, of course, people had done something like that before. So how did it taste? I wish I could tell you. It did taste all right to me but I am still having a cold and don't taste all that much. Just to give you an idea: even the salami pizza tasted somewhat bland to me today - and it does have a very intense flavor! Well, I just have to make this again when my sense of taste is back..... For today's lunch, I prepared some simple sandwiches with the leftover fish patties.

Simple Fish sandwiches: Remoulade sauce, lettuce,
tomato, and a warm fish patty.


And now for the pizzas:


For the basic and the salami pizza recipe, click here.

For the guacamole pizza, I used (for 1/2 pizza):
- a mix of equal parts tomato sauce and smooth taco salsa (mild, medium, or hot)
- 3-5 tbsp guacamole
- 4 heaps Mexican cheese blend
- 1 thick slice fresh mozzarella

No comments:

Post a Comment