Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Cook Around the Globe - January 2012 Roundup


Welcome to the January 2012 roundup of "Cook Around the Globe". As always, I am very excited and curious to see the recipes of other participants (and I will try to look at and comment on all of them!). I greatly enjoyed all the cooking from the chosen countries this month. I put my bamboo steamer to good used and improved my skills with chop sticks. I surely could have continued exploring Chinese cooking, especially the cuisines of the northwestern and northern regions, like Inner Mongolia, Xinjiang, etc. But I will do that the next time around. But back to this month's cooking. If I had to pick some favorites, they would be Pork Fing, Stir-Fried Chicken and Walnuts, Stir-Fried Trout and Green Bell Pepper, Green Beans with Potatoes, and Zesty Eggplant. Have you prepared a dish from China, Mongolia, Tibet, Nepal or Bhutan this month? Or do you have an older/archived recipe that you would like to link up? I hope all of you enjoyed this event and will be back in February (announcement will follow). Also, if you liked the event, grab a button and spread the word. You can add the blog hop to your own blog if you like. Just scroll down to the bottom of the page, click on the link, and choose the appropriate code for your type of blog. I will conclude by saying a thousand times "thank you" to all participants and enjoy the recipes!






get the InLinkz code

6 comments:

  1. I just started a personal challenge for myself for the next two years to cook from different regions of the world switching every 3 months. It's cool that you are doing something like that too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning!! I just wanted to let you know that I have been following along with you for a couple weeks now and I am loving your blog! So much in fact that I awarded you a Liebster award!! It is an award given by other bloggers to bloggers with fewer than 100 followers! You can see my post at http://doggieatthedinnertable.blogspot.com/2012/02/woofy-wednesday-we-are-winners.html now it is your turn to give 5 bloggers the award!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, there are some great-looking dishes. I am particularly intrigued by the Chinese ravioli!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, what a great idea! Off to look through these recipes...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great theme. Can't wait to look through all the links. I just became follower. I would love it if you followed me back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Claudia I am so impressed with all the dishes you've made! I absolutely love Chinese food and would like to make more of it. I'm linking up my baked mushroom boa and chicken with broccoli. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete