Sunday, January 1, 2012

Announcement: "Cook Around the Globe" - January 2012

Welcome to "Cook Around the Globe"!


This is a fun monthly event where we learn about the character of different cuisines around the globe simply by cooking dishes. Each month, I will choose a country or a group of countries. Each participant prepares one (or more) dishes from these countries. On the 1st day of the following month, you can post a link to your dish on my blog. You can also link up an archived post from your blog. The dish can be anything: drink, appetizer, main dish, pastry, etc. Depending on the number of participants, we will get a great variety of dishes from a certain region of the world. For each chosen region, I will also try to post some links  where to find recipes.

(Registration is not necessary for this event. Simply post your link on my blog.)


First of all, I want to thank everybody who participated in December. I hope you had fun and will join again this month. This month, we will travel to Asia again to explore a cuisine that seems familiar to us - and yet it isn't. We know very westernized versions of this cuisine, and mainly from take-outs at that. You are welcome to join me in my exploration of (hopefully a bit more authentic) Chinese food. In addition, I will have a look at what's cooking in Tibet (I know it's technically a part of China), Bhutan, Nepal, and Mongolia.

January 2012 "Cook Around the Globe":
China, Tibet, Bhutan, Nepal, Mongolia

4 comments:

  1. I'm super excited to do this! This is my first time so I can't wait to join in the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, this one looks more doable! Thanks for doing this series and I'm already thinking about what to make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what a fun idea!! I homeschool my kids and I love to incorporate regional dishes into our geography and cultural studies! Count us in!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the idea and will definately join in! Suits my way of cooking too!

    ReplyDelete