Friday, December 2, 2011

Announcement: "Cook Around the Globe" - December 2011

Welcome to "Cook Around the Globe"!


This is a fun monthly event where we learn about the character of different cuisines around the globe simply by cooking dishes. Each month, I will choose a country or a group of countries. Each participant prepares one (or more) dishes from these countries. On the 1st day of the following month, you can post a link to your dish on my blog. You can also link up an archived post from your blog. The dish can be anything: drink, appetizer, main dish, pastry, etc. Depending on the number of participants, we will get a great variety of dishes from a certain region of the world. For each chosen region, I will also try to post some links  where to find recipes.

(Registration is not necessary for this event. Simply post your link on my blog.)


First of all, I want to thank everybody who participated in November. I hope you had fun and will join again this month. When I was grouping countries for this event, I realized that there was one particular country of whose cuisine I am (shamefully, for I visited that country twice) completely ignorant. To my surprise, it also turned out rather difficult to even find cookbooks for that country. There are some of course, but I expected more. After all, the country is quite large (the second largest I think) - but also mostly empty. Can you guess which country I am talking about? For this month, I decided to explore the (forgotten? neglected? ignored?) cuisines of Canada & Alaska (I added the latter for geographical reasons):

December 2011 "Cook Around the Globe":
Canada & Alaska
(You will be able to post the link to your recipe on January 1.)
Feel free to contact me with any questions. Please link back to my blog. To grab a button or picture for your blog, click here.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, what a great idea! I guess I've never thought of Canadian as a cuisine, although I would imagine that there would be a lot of English and French influence. Can't wait (especially since I missed last month!).

    ReplyDelete