Thursday, October 27, 2011

Farfalle with Bell Pepper and Goat Cheese

Ouff, I am hopelessly behind writing my blog. That's what I get for trying to write posts while trying to watching my way through all the Midsomer Murders episodes. Also, I have a few little side projects going on. I guess you all know how difficult it is to squeeze too many things into those few hours after the kids have gone to sleep. However, I did finish one of my little projects - and just in time, too. I am not up for making a whole Halloween costume from scratch but I did make (or rather decorate) a bag to collect all the sweets for LittleGrouch. He is already excited to use it.


And now for tonight's dinner. This is an easy, simple, yet super delicious pasta dish. The goat cheese melts over the hot pasta makes for a very creamy coating. This is one of our favorite vegetarian pasta dishes.

Six months ago: Stir-Fried Steak and Potatoes


Ingredients:
8-10 oz short pasta (farfalle, penne or other)
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tbsp butter
1 small onion, minced
1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/4" by 1" strips
1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1/4" by 1" strips
3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
salt and pepper
10-12 black olives, pitted and sliced
3 tbsp fresh, sliced basil
3-4 oz crumbled goat cheese

Cook the pasta as per directions. Drain. In the meantime, heat oil and butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook until translucent and starting to soften, about 5 minutes. Add both bell peppers and garlic, and cook until softened, about 10-12 minutes, stirring often. Remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper, and stir in olives and basil. Serve pasta with bell pepper mix and sprinkle with goat cheese. (You can also mix the hot pasta with the goat first, to get a nice and creamy coating.)

3 comments:

  1. What fun Halloween bags! We just used papersacks. :) Dinner looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks totally yummy!!! Yeah, I never got any specials bags for treats on halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm I love pasta of any kind and this looks great! The goat cheese is a nice addition. Thanks for linking up at my pepper blog hop. Pinned! :-)

    ReplyDelete