Monday, November 7, 2011

Cook Around the Globe - October 2011 Roundup


Welcome to the October 2011 roundup of "Cook Around the Globe". After a one week delay because of the freak snow storm and ensuing power outage in New England, I am finally able to post! As always, I am very excited and curious to see the recipes of other participants (and I will try to look at and comment on all of them!). I prepared several African dishes this month. I didn't know much (if anything) about West African cooking before this event - but then, that's the whole idea of it: getting to know new cuisines. I found a lot of great dishes, in fact there are three which I had planned to prepare but then the power outage interfered. So these dishes (Egusi from Nigeria, Kedjenou from Ivory Coast, and Banana/Pineapple Fritters) will show up on my meal plan soon. I hope all of you enjoyed this event and will be back in November (announcement will follow). Also, if you liked the event, grab a button and spread the word. You can add the blog hop to your own blog if you like. Just scroll down to the bottom of the page, click on the link, and choose the appropriate code for your type of blog. I will conclude by saying a thousand times "thank you" to all participants and enjoy the recipes!





get the InLinkz code

4 comments: