Saturday, October 22, 2011

Family Recipe: Bratwurst & Potato Dumplings

This is a back-home-style dinner. When I saw in Trader Joe's monthly newsletter that they had Bavarian-style mini-bratwurst, I just had to go and get some. I haven't had them in such a long time. They are just so cute and tasty. I wanted to serve them with dumplings and sauerkraut - but as I am the only one who would eat the latter, I prepared some other veggies instead. 



Admittedly, this is not really a recipe. I might even go as far as saying that it is not what I would call "cooking".

Ingredients:
Ready-to-cook potato dumplings
1 envelope brown gravy
frozen mixed vegetables
Bavarian-style bratwurst

Prepare the dumplings, gravy, and veggies as directed. For the bratwurst, heat a little bit of oil over low heat. Brown the bratwurst on all sides, about 7-10 minutes. Serve with dumplings, veggies, sauce, and some mustard for the bratwurst.

No comments:

Post a Comment