Sunday, October 2, 2011

Announcement: "Cook Around the Globe" - October 2011

Welcome to "Cook Around the Globe"!


This is a fun monthly event where we learn about the character of different cuisines around the globe simply by cooking dishes. Each month, I will choose a country or a group of countries. Each participant prepares one (or more) dishes from this region. On the 1st day of the following month, you can post a link to your dish on my blog. The dish can be anything: drink, appetizer, main dish, pastry, etc. Depending on the number of participants, we will get a great variety of dishes from a certain region of the world. For each chosen region, I will also try to post some links  where to find recipes.

(Registration is not necessary for this event. Simply post your link on my blog.)


First of all, I want to thank everybody who participated in September. I hope you had fun and will join again this month. For October, I invite you to join me in exploring the cuisines of West Africa:

October 2011 "Cook Around the Globe":
West Africa (Cape Verde, Senegal, Gambia, Guinea Bissau, Guinea, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Ivory Coast, Ghana, Benin, Nigeria)

7 comments:

  1. Totally new cuisine for me!!! I look forward to exploring these recipes. Ethiopian is the only African cuisine I'm familiar with so this will be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would like to participate too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll definately have to throw a few of these countries out there for my readers to vote on, I'd really like to participate in this!! http://lifeinanarv.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ mjskit: It's new to me, too. I am looking forward to explore the flavors of that region.

    @ Shri & witchywomen: I hope you'll join and explore the West African cuisines with me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea! I plan on joining.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to this. Only had food from east africa.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Gay & EverydayTastiness: Welcome! Looking forward to your recipes.

    ReplyDelete