Sunday, August 14, 2011

Pork and Bell Pepper Fajitas

I adapted this recipe from Grilled Pork Fajita Style Soft Tacos over at My Colombian Recipes. I recently found this blog and as HubbyGrouch's background is Colombian, I was very happy to have so many delicious recipes at hand to choose from when he gets a craving for home-style food. This recipe, however, was actually a guest post by the author of the blog Tomatoes on the Vine. These fajitas were very nice and easy to make. LittleGrouch loved the seasoned pork and ate quite a bit of it. (The original recipe also had onion in it, which I unfortunately forgot to add to the pepper.)




Ingredients:
4 pork chops, excess fat removed and thinly sliced
3-4 tbsp pork seasoning (e.g. Grill Mates pork rub)
1 each yellow, orange, and red pepper, tops and bottoms cut off, rest cut into 1/4" by 2" strips
olive oil
8-10 whole wheat or multigrain 8" tortillas
sour cream
(mild) salsa (e.g. Ortega Taco Sauce)
chopped fresh cilantro
shredded Mexican cheese blend

Mix together pork and 3 tbsp seasoning. Let stand at room temperature for about 30 minutes. Then add the pepper, 3-4 tbsp olive oil, and 1 tbsp seasoning to the pork. I used my sandwich grill to for the meat but you can just as well fry it in a skillet. Heat the tortillas between two moist paper towels in the microwave. Spread some sour cream and salsa on the tortillas, sprinkle with cheese and cilantro. Top with grilled meat and pepper. Roll up tortillas and serve with a side salad.


9 comments:

  1. Oooo, I can see myself easily making a pig (pun intended hehe) out of myself with these. We love pork here and I adore sauteed veggies so this is perfect for us. Of course, I'll have to buy a half a pig to feed these guys but.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pork and sauteed veggies... love it. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome - pork and veggies is great and I like that you used multi grain fajita wrappers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I've never made pork fajitas! These sound amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never had pork fajitas either, but man does this look good! I am not a big pork eater in general really...this looks great though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These fajitas look amazing, love all the flavors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never had Pork Fajitas myself, but they sound amazing, and look incredible! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oooh gosh! you make me hungry!!!

    http://thetwinkycake.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete