Monday, August 8, 2011

Creamy Turkey Rotini

When I saw this recipe posted by Erin, over at Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts (and she refers to the original post by Lizzy on That skinny chick can bake!!!), I knew it would be good. I mean, turkey, rosemary, and cream - what a great combination! I just loved it. This recipe goes to the "do it again" box.

On another note: Check out this event "Thinking Man's Menu.. With a small prize" on The Culinary Lens. Link one of your own recipes and vote. I linked my "Oven-Roast Duck Legs and Potatoes" recipe.

I submitted this post to the Presto Pasta Nights #226 event, hosted by Simona of Briciole.




Ingredients:
1 big onion, chopped
1-2 tbsp olive oil
1 pound ground turkey (Italian style)
1 tbsp dried crushed rosemary
2 bay leaves
1/4 tsp black pepper
1  14.5-oz can diced tomatoes, pureed
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup parmesan
1 pound Rotini pasta

Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until soft, about 5-7 minutes. Add meat and brown, breaking it up as it cooks. Add bay leaves, rosemary, pepper, and tomatoes. Bring to a simmer, then add the cream and cheese. If the sauce is too thin, let it bubble for a few minutes to reduce it to the desired thickness. In the meantime, prepare pasta as per instructions, drain. Mix pasta and sauce. Serve with additional parmesan, if desired.

11 comments:

  1. Yummy! I think this sounds just delicious! I particularly like that turkey sausage is used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks fantastic. I don't use enough turkey and I really should.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I love turkey and Lord knows I love cream lol, so this goes on the "try this" list. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great! in italy this pasta is called "fusilli"...and is my favourite pasta!
    have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great new way to have pasta. I am a red sauce girl by my husband loves cream.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this dish looks absolutely delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, I love rotini with anything. It's my favorite pasta--I love the way the sauce and small bits of food get caught in the spirals, making every little bite full of taste.

    Sorry, got a little distracted there by my love of pasta. ;) This looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am not a turkey person .. but would like to try this with some other meat!

    ReplyDelete
  9. delicious looking rotini lovely presentation

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you made this and liked it! It sure is a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like when you try a recipe and you make it "do it again." Nice black plate too. Thank you so much for your contribution to Presto Pasta Nights!

    ReplyDelete