Sunday, July 24, 2011

Pasta Salad with Chicken and Tapenade Dressing

I prepared today's intended lunch salad last night as we had intended to go to Tanglewood (in the Berkshires), the summer home of the Boston Symphony Orchestra. We go every year for one of the Sunday afternoon concerts. We take a picnic, the LittleGrouch runs around the lawn, they have some kids crafts, and we just enjoy an afternoon outside. However, this morning it had rained a little over night and the sky was cloudy and didn't look very promising. So we changed our plans to having our picnic in park closer by. While I was getting everything ready, it started raining again. Picnic cancelled? Well, we ended up having a picnic in the playroom and LittleGrouch was very excited when we laid out the blanket and set up the food. We'll have the outdoor picnic another weekend and are hoping for better weather next Sunday.


I have prepared this dish before. You can find the recipe here. This time, though, I didn't have Tapenade at home, so I added 10-12 sliced black olives, 2-3 tbsp balsamic vinegar, and 3-4 tbsp olive oil.

4 comments:

  1. An afternoon concert sounds lovely! When we lived in California we attended them every week in the summer...Salad looks like the perfect take along dish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A picnic inside can be even more fun inside sometimes - great change of plans! This salad looks perfect for a picnic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe it is just me, but I can't find the link to the recipe? It sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Tiffany: Sorry, I had forotten to put the link. Now it should work if you click on the word "here". Thanks for letting me know.

    ReplyDelete