Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Baby Potato Salad with Radishes, Celery, and Bacon

I already mentioned (probably every time I post a potato recipe) that love those little tubers very much. So, from time to time I have to torture HubbyGrouch by serving a potato dish (he basically grew up on rice 3 times a day, 7 days a week). This salad turned out very nice - especially with the bacon on top. We had it by itself as a cold dinner on a hot summer day. I think it's also a nice side dish for a BBQ or fried/grilled fish. The original recipe is from Food & Wine magazine ("Baby Potato Salad with Radishes and Celery").


Ingredients:
1 pound baby Yukon Gold potatoes, scrubbed but not peeled
3-4 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp cider vinegar
salt and black pepper
2-3 inner celery stalks
1 bunch radishes, thinly sliced
4 scallions, thinly sliced
5-6 slices of bacon, fried and crumbled

Cook the potatoes in boiling water until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and let cool slightly. Slice about 1/2 inch thick. Whisk together the oil and vinegar. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Gently fold in the potatoes and celery. Let cool at room temperature, about 30 minutes. Just before serving, fold in the radishes and scallions, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Top with bacon for serving.


3 comments:

  1. It looks delicious! I'm with you - I'm a potato fan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always looking for new ways to prepare potatoes. This recipe looks like a winner!
    flourtrader.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look of this recipe. And the bacon can't hurt.

    ReplyDelete