Sunday, June 12, 2011

Sweet and Saucy Ribs

Today, I made my first-ever slow cooker dish. I found the recipe on cdkitchen.com. It was - like most slow cooker recipes I have seen - very easy to prepare. The ribs were very tender and had a nice flavor. So, while they were simmering away all day long, we went to the Springfield Science Museum. We had never been there and were very positively surprised. LittleGrouch loved the animal displays and fish tanks. We'll definitely go again.


Ingredients:
4 pounds pork baby back ribs
2 tsp ground black pepper
5 cups BBQ sauce (not mesquite flavored)
2 jars (8 oz each) cherry jam or preserves
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp salt
Additional salt and black pepper

Trim excess fat from ribs. Rub 2 tsp pepper over ribs. Cut ribs into portions and place into slow cooker. Combine BBQ sauce, jam, mustard and 1/2 tsp salt. Pour over ribs. (The ribs should be covered with sauce.) Cover, cook on low for 8-9 hours or until ribs are tender. Season to taste with additional salt and pepper. Serve ribs with sauce and a side salad.

(This recipe is linked to Tastetastic Thursday)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds awesome! SLow cooker ribs, I can only imagine how tender and fall off the bone they are! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm an American living in Germany, and I definitely miss having a crock pot! I hope you find that you like it, too!

    ReplyDelete