Sunday, June 5, 2011

Spaghettini with Olive Oil and Lemon

I recently joined foodbuzz.com and have since been checking out a lot of other food blogs. It's just incredible how many of those are out there, how many different cooking and recipe exchange web resources. It's a lot of fun to look at them. When I started my blog, it was basically to keep an online dinner diary with a picture of what we eat on a daily basis. However, after seeing so many nice food presentation photos in other blogs, I feel compelled to improve my picture-taking. I don't know how I can fit that into my busy enough schedule, though. I also like to eat when dinner is ready and hot, and not spend time taking the perfect shot of my plate. Plus, LittleGrouch would probably all over the setup.

Okay, today we had a very simple pasta dish. A few ingredients, lots of summer-ish lemony flavor - that's it. Not a culinary revelation but a nice eat.


Ingredients:
1/2 cup olive oil
1 medium onion, finely minced
1 cup flat parsley, minced
1 tbsp grated lemon zest
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
pound spaghettini
2 egg yolks
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese

Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add onion and parsley, and cook for about 3 minutes, until the onion begins to soften. Add lemon juice and zest, and cook for another 1-2 minutes. In the meantime, cook pasta al dente and drain. Reheat parsley-lemon mix slowly, whisk in egg yolks and immediately add the pasta. Toss well, then incorporate parmesan and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with additional parmesan and pepper if desired.



Spaghettini

5 comments:

  1. Hello! I found you on Foodbuzz, I recently started a food blog too. My recommendation for pictures is that instead of uploading them from your computer, upload them to a Flickr.com account and copy the URL into blogger. I just figured that out, and the photo quality is automatically 10 times better!
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for you invite on foodbuzz. You have a very interesting blog here - as you see I just joined - I admire your organization ... I don't think I could ever be so sure what I am having for dinner tomorrow ... we too try to shop once or twice a week and of course I have the back yard handy to pick stuff from ... but most often I only decide what to cook when I open the fridge. Hope you will also visit my blog and do join if you like my recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like easy, delicious recipes.I'll definitely make this soon.I found you from the foodie blog roll and I'd love to guide Foodista readers to your site. I hope you could add this spaghettini widget at the end of this post so we could add you in our list of food bloggers who cooked with spaghettini,Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've taken to setting aside a bit of the food I cooked, and putting it in the fridge as photo food. Although it also usually ends up as my lunch when I'm done taking pictures. I also try to use up the early morning light or afternoon sunlight. And I looked up some more information and tips specifically for my camera and then last but not least, a little bit of color or light adjustment in a photoediting program. Sounds complicated, but the picture process takes me about 15 minutes, tops, including taking said pictures. I still need improvement myself, but I like what I see. :)

    ReplyDelete