Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Family Recipe: Potatoes with Yogurt Dill Dip (Kartoffeln mit Joghurt-Dill-Sauce)

I love potatoes. And during summer, I love to eat them with a cold yogurt-based dip. It takes only minutes to prepare and is simply delicious. I have to admit though, that HubbyGrouch doesn't like it. So he got to eat beef fajitas instead. Instead of boiling the potatoes, you could of course serve the dip with baked potatoes but I don't like to use the oven in hot weather.


Ingredients:
375 g (1 1/2 cups) low-fat yogurt
125 g (1/2 cup) light sour cream
2-3 garlic cloves, mashed
1-2 tbsp chopped fresh dill
salt
black pepper
750 g (1 1/2 pound) baby white potatoes

Mix together yogurt, sour cream, garlic, and dill. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours before serving. Boil potatoes about 25 minutes. Peel potatoes and serve with the dip.

5 comments:

  1. This dip is different and looks very yummy and easy to make. Thanks for sharing!
    http://cosmopolitancurrymania.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love potatoes too and doing almost the same garlic yoghurt sauce. It is yummy :P.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is a nice dip!
    try Inidan raita.
    foodie@ www.gastroveda.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love potatoes as well but I think I am to lazy to dipp them. I would just cut them in bite size bits and mix it with the dipping! Great idea using the fresh dill

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet that is delicious! Love it!

    ReplyDelete