Monday, May 16, 2011

Chicken (or Pork) with Gorgonzola and Apricots

This is a great recipe for a week-night dinner party. It's quick, easy, and has a great combination of flavors. The original recipe uses pork medaillons and I have made that dish several times. When I made the meal plan for this week, I thought about this dish. As we hadn't had chicken in a while, I thought I'd try this new version. I wasn't completely sure whether the gorgonzola wouldn't be too strong for the chicken but it worked out fine. If pressed, though, I have to admit that I do prefer the version with pork.


Ingredients:
4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs or 12 pork medaillons (about 1 inch thick)
salt and pepper
garlic powder
1-2 tbsp oil
12 canned apricot halves, drained
5-6 ounces Gorgonzola cheese, in 1/8 inch slices

Preheat oven to 400°F. Season meat with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Heat oil over medium-high heat. Add meat and cook 5 minutes per side. Place meat in an oven-proof dish in one layer. Place apricots and then cheese on top of meat. Bake for about 10 minutes until cheese is melted. Serve with mixed greens and baguette slices.

No comments:

Post a Comment