Sunday, March 13, 2011

Shrimp and Snow Peas Stir-Fry with Ginger

I often wonder whether I live in the real world or in a movie or TV show. This country does that to me.  Ever since my first visit to the US (when I was still a teenager) I have had this notion. Is it because things are so much like what we see in movies or on TV? Or do people just try more to be like characters they see on the screen? Reality and movies/TV seem to influence each other much more in this country than elsewhere. I guess that's why a lot of people I meet seem like stereotypes that jumped right off the screen. Maybe that's also because a lot of people believe that "reality TV" is real and not doctored. How anyone can be so stupid is beyond me.
Today's recipe is my slight alteration of "Gingered Stir-Fry with Shrimp and Snow Peas" from the current issue of Food&Wine. HubbyGrouch and me liked the flavor combination, and I will probably repeat it sometime. Enjoy!


Ingredients:
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp Sesame-Garlic Sauce (Iron Chef)
1 tsp cornstarch
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1/4 cup minced fresh ginger
1/4 pound snow peas, cut into 1/4 inch by 2 inch strips
24 medium raw medium shrimps, peeled and deveined
6-8 scallions, cut into 1/4 inch slices
rice for serving

Whisk broth, soy sauce, sesame-garlic sauce and cornstarch together. In a wok, heat the oil over high heat. Add ginger and snow peas and stir for 2 minutes. Add the shrimps and stir-fry until they start to turn pink, 3-4 minutes. Add the scallions and fry for 1 minute, stirring. Add the sauce and cook until starting to thicken, 1-2 minutes. Serve with rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment