Monday, March 14, 2011

More Pizza

Today I want to mention something I really love here: The big arts & crafts stores. I could spend every day of the week there and plan projects that - let's face it - I wouldn't have the time to do. I just started a whole new project line. I bought a sewing machine, pieces of fabric and plain baby/toddler clothes. I am going (or at least try) to put appliques on my kids' clothes and tote bags. I was inspired to do so by the blog "Red Bird Crafts". I think I'll try for an Abstract style using Kandinsky and Mirò as inspiration. Maybe I'll start a new blog featuring those creations if the project turns out well.
      Today we had pizza again. I made what is known in Germany as "Pizza Napoli" (Capers, Olives, Anchovis) and one of my own creation with ham, gorgonzola and yellow pepper. Enjoy!

Ham, Yellow Pepper, and Gorgonzola Pizza
Pizza Napoli


Ingredients:
Pizza dough
tomato sauce
black pepper
pizza seasoning
8-10 black olives, halved lengthwise
1 tsp capers
1-2 anchovis fillets, cut into 1/8 inch pieces
6 slices fresh mozzarella
2-3 oz ham, cut into 1/8 inch by 2 inch strips
1/3 of a yellow pepper, cut into 1/4 inch by 1 inch strips
1/4 pound crumbled gorgonzola

Refer to the Pizza, Pizza, Pizza blog entry for dough and preparation. Distribute the olives, anchovis, and capers on one pizza (Pizza Napoli). Top with mozzarella. For the other pizza, use ham and yellow pepper, and top with gorgonzola.

No comments:

Post a Comment